Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ribbon & Lace: Festive Post.

Kia Ora,

From a cold and windy Cherbourg. It's an exciting day today because they are holding a triathlon event here. A sprint tri, a children's tri and a triathlon. I pity them in the water here in the harbor, the wind chill when they finish the swim must make this a very tough event today.

This will be my last crafting post for a few weeks because I have had to pack everything securely away while we wait for a weather window so we can sail on to either Guernsey or Jersey. We don't know which one it will be until we get there. Wind, tide and weather dictate everything in sailing. We make a plan and then plan for it to change!!!

I have stamped up a lot of images and kept my copics out of storage so at least I can color up some images while I'm waiting for the break in the weather. I have also kept out a sketch pad so I can practice drawing, this I am not very good at yet but I'm hoping that if I persevere then I'll get better at it. I may post some of my "art" at a later date but I am very shy about people seeing it. I can't take any criticism about it yet lols.

Anyway enough blathering, I'd like to enter today's card in the LOTV monthly challenge Ribbon and Lace. And guess what because I have packed everything away I can't remember what I have used with certainty but I'll try to the best of my memory (which isn't saying much!).




The image is Festive Post form LOTV
The sentiment is from a TGF set.
I made the roses from felt using the mini rolled roses die from MFT
I've used MFT dainty doily and spellbinders dies.
The DP might be from BoBunny!
Ribbon, lace and flat back pearls are from my stash. 
The cardstock is Kraft and a purple from my stash.
I used copics to color the image. 

I think that about covers everything for now.

Thanks for looking 

And as always

Keep Well x 

=^-^=







3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicky. I'm sorry I won't be seeing your lovely cards for a while and hearing what you're up to. I wish I was coming with you as I've always fancied going to Jersey and Guernsey. I hope you have a smooth and safe crossing.
    Your card is lovely and your colouring is fabulous. You're far better at it than me. The boy's hair and the girl's clothes are especially good. It's funny as I've just started my Christmas cards and this is the stamp I've used first. I'm using a bit of red on mine but always find that it bleeds. Is it just me or do you ever have this problem?
    I'd love to see your art. I'd never criticise it as I can't draw so I'm always impressed by other peoples work.
    Anyway take care and I'll watch out for your next post. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debra..

      What can I say I love coloring in !!!!

      I don't really use reds yet because I don't have enough of them.. I own just enough for berries and a bit of lippy and that's it. What card stock do you use I understand that has an effect on bleeding. I use Ninah something or other (xprss it?) to copic color on. It's quite good unless I totally saturate the paper then I do get some bleeding no matter what color I use.

      A lot of my copics need refilling and I want more colors but I don't know how I'll achieve that yet (if ever) I also want to buy some prisma pencils and see how I get on with coloring with those.. I get quite good results with my water color pencils now but I have a hankering for pencils. which could work out cheaper and easier on the boat in the long run. Oh well a girl can dream, can't she?

      Pencils, flowers, lace, dies, paper, glues.. the list goes on !!!

      Thanks for commenting and I'll still be stalking the inter webs and blogs to see what's going on in the scrappy world.

      Keep Well
      Nicky
      =^-^=


      Delete
  2. Hi Nicky,

    Such a lovely card! Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the pearls along the bottom!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Ribbon and Lace' challenge.

    Good luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete